JMRI: TAMs SupportJMRI can connect to a TAMS MasterControl command station using the built in USB and/or serial interface.
The USB interface comes with drivers to emulate a serial port.
The USB port works under Linux and Windows - both have been tested.
Both USB and serial interface can be used at the same time.
The TAMS MC uses the (Uhlenbrock/Märklin) P50X protocol.
This interface is still under development if you find any issues then please raise a issue on the yahoo group
To configure the connection:
- Open the JMRI "Preferences" under the "Edit" menu,
- Select "TAMS" as the manufacuturer, then connection type,
- Select the appropriate serial interface.
- The baud rate configured in the MC on the USB port is fixed at 57600 bps (8n1: 8bit, no parity, 1 stop bit).
- On the serial port the default speed is set at 2400 bps. This can be changed on the MC in the usual steps between 1200 and 57600 bps
- Click "Save".
Turnout, Programming, Throttle and power support is available for a JMRI-connected TAMs unit.
Consisting, Sensors and RailCom are not yet support.
Support for TAMS MC was first available in JMRI 2.99.7.