JMRI Hardware Guide: Zimo MX-1
- Zimo MX-1
- To connect your computer to a Zimo MX-1 system, you can usually just connect the command station to the computer's serial port using a serial cable.
- Then go to the preferences panel of a JMRI-based program. This opens automatically the first time a program is run, or you can select it from the "Edit" menu.
- Select "Zimo MX-1" from the top selection box. You can then select the proper serial port in the second selection box.
- The baud rate selection box will give you choices from 1,200 to 38,400 baud. Select the speed that is configured into your MX-1.
- The series of radio buttons labelled "GUI style" allows you to select how the program will look. "Metal" is the native Java look available on all types. Other choices will vary with your computer type. "Motif", "Windows", "MacOS" and "MacOS Adaptive" look native on Linux, Windows, MacOS "Classic" and Mac OS X respectively.
- In the bottom selection box, you can pick the default programmer format. You can override this each time you open the programmer, so this is here just for convenience.
- Click "Save". You'll be asked if it's OK for the program to quit, click "Yes".
- Restart the program. You should be up and running.