JMRI: Entry/Exit (NX) ToolFor a full description of Entry/Exit (NX), see Entry/Exit (NX) Documentation.
Add Entry/Exit Points
The Add Entry Exit Points pane is accessed from the
Layout Editor Tools menu.
It is used to create and delete Entry Exit Pairs for a given Layout Editor panel. It is also used to enable the Both Way option and to enable/disable specific NX Pairs by checking the boxes in the corresponding column.
NX Panel Sensors are assigned at Block boundaries
on the Layout Editor panel by using the pop up menu on anchor points,
turnouts, level crossings, end bumpers and edge connectors.
These sensors act as the NX selection buttons and are used to create the Entry Point and Exit Point combo box content.
When the Add Entry/Exit Points pane is first opened, the Select
Panel selection will be the current Layout Editor panel.
Use the top combo box to configure NX settings for another panel.
The Entry Point combo box list now contains the sensors for the currently selected panel. The Exit Point list will contain all of the sensors from all layout editor panels.
The Exit Point can be on another panel as long as the panels are linked using edge connectors.since 4.11.1
The NX Type defaults to Set Turnouts Only.
At the center of the pane are two buttons to populate the NX Pair Table:
- Add Pair — Select sensors from the Entry Point and Exit Point lists, select the NX Type and click on Add Pair. Notice: The sensor pair is not checked for validity.
- Auto Generate Entry-Exit Pairs — The auto generate process will find all of the valid sensor pairs on all of the panels using the Layout Editor Block routing utilities.
NX Pair Table Columns
- Entry — The sensor name for the entry point. If the block boundary has a signal mast, it will be listed in parenthesis.
- Exit — The sensor name for the exit point. If the block boundary has a signal mast, it will be listed in parenthesis.
- Active — Yes when there is a active route.
- Clear — If the entry is active, cancel the route segment.
- Both Way — Enable the ability to press the entry and exit buttons in either order.
- Delete — Delete the NX sensor pair.
- NX Type — The selected NX type for the NX sensor pair.
- Disabled — When checked, the NX pair is Inactive. Attempts to create a route will result in a error dialog.
While the Entry/Exit (NX) Tools is displayed,
its Options menu allows you to set shared settings for the tool.
The Entry Exit Options pane contains the following items:
Route Re-selection Result — Determines what should occur when the NX route is reselected by the user.
- Prompt User - Ask the user what they would like to do.
- Clear Route - Automatically clear the route down. The blocks in the route will become active and then inactive as if a train had traversed the route. The final block will left active.
- Cancel Route - Cancel the route.
- Stack Route - Stack the route.since 3.4
Initial color of path while route it set up — While the route is being setup, set the track color to that in the drop down, after a predetermined time the track will revert back to that defined in the block configuration.
Duration of setting Color (ms) — How long the initial color will be displayed for after the route has initially been selected.
Integrate with Dispatcher — Select this option if
the NX route is to extend the path of an Active Train in the
This option will only work if the Block prior to the NX route is allocated to a Dispatcher Active Train and that Block is also the end block.
Back to the Entry/Exit (NX) main help page.