Release Notes for JMRI 2.11.7 release
Date: June 15, 2011
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 2.11.7 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the seventh in a series of test versions. We expect this series to end in a JMRI 2.12 or 3.0 production release in 2011.
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive. They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well. Therefore, this test version should be considered experimental.
New warnings for this version:(None yet)
Older warningsDevelopment Version 2.11.4 contains significant improvements to the Powerline Interfaces. Some of these improvements involved a complete restructuring of the underlying code. As a result, previously working Preferences may now show no connections for some of the Powerline Interfaces. If this occurs, go to Preferences and setup the Powerline Layout Connections again. Then save the Preferences and restart JMRI.
In Development Version 2.11.3 JMRI instituted a more robust and transparent system for handling missing panel icon files. If missing icon files are discovered during the panel loading process this system presents a dialog box that allows the user to either delete the offending reference or use the file browser to find the proper location. Older versions of JMRI didn't always fully remove the references to deleted panel icons. Panels which contain these stray references will present the dialog box during the first panel load. If the panel worked fine before, simply choose the delete option for each "missing" icon presented to remove the stray references. Once the panel has finished loading, save/store the panel file, quit JMRI and then reload. As a precaution, we recommend either making a backup copy of your panel file before diving in or saving the modified file under a different name
There have been extensive changes to the throttle code. If you have written scripts that use throttles, particularly multiple throttles, please check to make sure they still work.
The numerical values of "ON" and "OFF" for Lights changed in JMRI 2.11.2, along with some of the other constants in the class. This will have no impact on people just using the program. If you're using scripts with numerical values in them, please recode them to use the symbolic values.
Known problems with this releaseNone at the time of this release.
Please use these links for downloading:
Changes since test release version 2.11.6Paul Bender added a Consist Manager for LocoNet with the following notes on it's current capabilities and known issues: Basic functionallity of adding and removing locomotives from consits is working, however there are several known issues with this release: 1) The check boxes for changing the direction of a locomotive within a consist are not working 2) The delete button at the bottom of the throttle does not work correctly. 3) You cannot currently add an existing lead address (created with the tool) to another consist. 4) The consist manager does not currently examine the slots for consists
New operations features and bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug where a schedule's alternate track wasn't restored after restarting the program.
- Fixed a bug, the program didn't check the car's road and the schedule item's road when generating a custom load from staging.
- Improved how custom car loads are generated from staging when using match mode, and "Generate custom loads for train sidings serviced by this train".
- Fixed bug in LRoute Initializer where extra trigger items were included
- Warrant route loops with repeating blocks or the same starting and ending bocks can record and playback.
- Indicator tracks move train Id markers automatically under both manual and auto playback warrants.
- Gray menus when CircuitBuilder is in an editing mode
- Portal editing in CircuitBuilder interface simpified.
- Name changing in CircuitBuilder for Blocks, Portals and Paths implemented.
- Conversion of track icons to Indicator icons in CircuitBuilder improved.
- Other fixes and improvements - CircuitBuilder is ready for use.
Fixed the NCE consist editor, broken since 2.11.4.
Bob Jacobsen fixed a problem with checkboxes and indexed variables in DecoderPro. No decoders were using it yet, but several are about to, so this will be needed for new decoder types. At the same time, an "issue" with sizing of indexed enum variables was fixed. Some decoder definitions may have been counting on the buggy behavior for their layouts, so if you see any decoder definitions that look messy now, please mention it in the jmriusers group.
- Fixed an issue with the Digitrax Simulator Throttle
- Fixed an issue where when you edited a route configured with a auto system name. it would duplicate the route
- Added the signal mast specific appearances and mapping to the basic set of signalmasts
- Added the signal mast logic facility for controlling signal masts, more info can be found here