Release Notes for JMRI 2.13.6 release
Date: December 10, 2011
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 2.13.6 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the next in a series of test versions. We expect this series to end in a JMRI 2.14 production release.
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive. They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well. Therefore, this test version should be considered experimental.
New warnings for this version:None yet
Older warningsThe way in which UserNames are edited in the tables changed in JMRI 2.13.1, renames are now performed via a mouse pop-up menu and can not be directly edited.
The method we use for building release files was extensively changed with JMRI 2.13.1. Please let us know of any problems with installation or unpacking.
This release of "DecoderPro 3" is a test. There are a few more features we'd like to add, but before doing that we need feedback from users; does it work for you, what do you want to see changed, etc. We'll look at all the information which comes back and incorporate it in future developments. We have tested "DecoderPro 3" and are not expecting major file-damaging faults. But with any test-release of software there is always a small risk that something has been overlooked. So, please check that you have a backup of your Roster files just in case something unexpected happens. If you install with the Windows installer, a backup copy of your old files (including the roster) is created by default.
JMRI 2.12 is the last release which is completely supported by Java 1.5. Starting with this release, there will be minor interface features, such as drag-and-drop of some items, that require your computer to have Java 1.6 installed. Computers with only Java 1.5 will still be able to use JMRI, including PanelPro and DecoderPro, through the end of this 2.13.* release cycle. Releases in the next cycle will require Java 1.6.
Known problems with this releaseNone at the time of this release.
Please use these links for downloading:
Changes since test release 2.13.5
Oscar Moutinho made the following updates to the inControl web throttle app:
- Scroll enabled for Settings.
- Scroll fixed for iOS4 and Android < 3.0.
- Other bugs fixed and some enhancements.
Steve Todd made the following update:
- Get app logos using toolkit to prevent startup crash(es) when building (if copyfile step not performed).
- add "protect" flag to frameserver to provide read-only page that auto-refreshes.
- "promote" Start Mini Web Server to Tools menu.
Matthew Harris made the following updates:
- Fixed a problem with System Console font choice
- Incorporated the current logging level into the debug log level report
- Fixed a problem in the Context Report which often failed if a network cable was not plugged in
- Changed the Audio table views to use a tabbed pane
- Added an option to incorporate a 'Restart JMRI' button to the main JMRI window
Nigel Cliffe provided Zimo decoder updates
Peter Ulvestad provided ZTC decoder updates
B. Milhaupt made the following updates:
- Added a tool to configure the Digitrax Duplex Network
- Updated LocoNet Monitor:
- Corrected display of Command Station Configuration messages
- Corrected display of BDL16x detection section number in some messages
- Corrected some typographical and consistency errors
- Updated several Digitrax- and LocoNet-related help pages