Release Notes for JMRI 2.99.6 release
Date: June 10, 2012
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 2.99.6 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the next in a series of test versions. We expect this series to end in a JMRI 3.0 production release, probably in Summer 2012.
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive. They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well. Therefore, this test version should be considered experimental.
New warnings for this version:None
Older warningsThis release, and all other releases in this cycle, require Java 1.6.
Known problems with this releaseNone at the time of this release.
Please use these links for downloading:
Changes since test release 2.99.5
Dan Boudreau made the following changes to operations:
- The option "Print Valid" now also affects switch lists.
- Improved the way cars, locomotives, and routes windows resize.
- Switch lists now show the lead loco number as part of the train's name. The "Append Loco Number" must be selected in the Setting page.
- Now when building trains that visit locations that have the "same" name, cars are no longer moved between those locations unless a schedule is used. Locations with the "same" name are locations that use the hyphen followed by a number feature. Also improved trains manifests when "same" location names are used back to back.
- Fixed a problem with auto backup where cars serviced by a train wasn't saved properly
The OpenLCB support has been updated:
- You can now use UTF-8 international characters in the board names and descriptions
- The tree-display of your OpenLCB can now be resized so that really big layouts display well
Kevin Dickerson made the following changes:
- DP3 - Set the "Programming Type" states are remembered between sessions
- DP3 - Added a wait cursor while opening up a roster entry for editing
- DP3 - Altered the mouse action in the roster table, so that a double click on a non-selected item will open it for Editing, while a single click on an already selected item will allow editing of that field
- Layout Editor - Provided an option to set the default colour for occupied and alternative track states
- Layout Editor - Provided an option to automatically create and assign blocks to track and turnouts. This can aid in providing continuous layoutblock connectivity which can be used by the signalmast logic and entry/exit work.
- Fixed the Copy and Delete Roster items in the classic JMRI interface
Paul Bender made the following changes:
- Internal changes to the consist manager to allow on demand updating of consist lists from the command station.
- Implemented consist reading for LocoNet systems.
- Changed Lenz and CVP EasyDCC consist managers so they update the consist list when the consist tool starts, not when the program does.
- Fixed several bugs in the LocoNet Consist manager.